- Dancing is physical exercise – you participate at your own risk and it is your responsibility to consult your physician to confirm your fitness capabilities before beginning any dance lessons. A doctors’ note may be required to begin a class if you have special physical concerns, or to return to activity after an absence from class due to injury or illness. Always make your teacher aware of any physical limitations or concerns that you may have.
- Level placement is according to student’s age and experience. All students should register based on the age on 9/15/2015. New students must take at lease one placement class. Teachers may examine new students in class for up to one month. Level placements are subject to the approval of the Academy Director. Levels offered at other schools do not necessarily correspond with HIDA levels. It is common for students to stay in same level for more than one year.
- Dance Attire
Pink leotard, Pink ballet tights.
Beginning ballet: White leotard, Pink ballet tights.
ballet: Black leotard, Pink ballet tights.
Girl’s Shoes: Pink splitsole
ballet slipper, leather or canvas.
Boys: Black ballet tights, White tshirt,
White socks, White shoes.
Hair: Hair must be neat. Girls wear their hair in a neat and tidy classical
*Attire available at HIDA.
- No street shoes are allowed on the floor, as the outside dirt can damage the surface of our floor and create sticking or slipping hazards to those dancing on the floor. Bring your dance shoes separately to change into when you arrive.
- Absolutely no chewing gum in the studio – see the above note about sticking and slipping hazards.
- Please remind your child to keep voice down in and outside of the dance studio! Absolutely no running in hallway!
- Initial Registration should occur prior to the start of class. You will be required to fill out pertinent documentation and make payment before attending any classes.
- We accept cash and check. Please make the check payable to: Haiyan International Dance Academy LLC (HIDA LLC). A $30 bounced check fee will be charged for all returned checks. Tuition is non-refundable. Tuition is due on the date/time stated in school’s email reminders, or at the first of the month if it is not stated in school’s email reminders. Late payments incur a $25 fee. Monthly tuition remains the same whether it’s a 5 week or 3 week month and regardless of absences, vacation, or holidays. A student may be dismissed at anytime from a dance course due to lack of payment. Term tuition remains the same.
- We offer family discount for families enrolling more than one student. Parents pay full price for one child’s lessons, and receive 10% off the monthly tuition of their second child, and 20% off for their third child. The discount only applies to the lesser priced tuition. Family discounts do not apply to drop-in classes.
- School is closed on all major holidays.
- If a student is absent, please make-up the class in any class from the same age group that is on our schedule. Students paying monthly tuition must make-up classes by the last day of the month. Students paying term tuition must make-up classes by the last day of the term. We will try our best to arrange make-up classes. However, make-up classes may not be available if the class is full. Tuition will not be pro-rated for your absences. In general, make-up classes will be scheduled at the studio in which the student is registered. Exceptions will be authorized by the Studio Manager on a case-by-case basis.
- Teachers will invite parents to sit in the studio to observe the class occasionally. Please keep any conversations to a minimum and at very low voice level so as to not disturb the class in session.
- In case of emergency, it is imperative that parents make sure that the contact information we have on file is up to date and accurate.
- To ensure all students remain healthy and happy, we ask your child with any of the following symptoms or illness stay at home.
- Fever over 100.0 F. (Must be “fever free” for 24 hours before attending class.)
- Runny nose
- Unexplained or contagious rash
- Active Chicken Pox (until ALL pox are dry /crusted)
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye)
- Parent may dis-enroll a student by contacting the HIDA and notifying HIDA in writing 30 days before the last day the student will attend HIDA. If notice is given less than 30 days prior to dis-enrollment, you will remain responsible for the full tuition.The HIDA requests as much notification as possible. Once a parent has given notice to the school that a student will dis-enroll, the school will have the option of starting the intake process with a new student. If a dis-enrolling student decides to remain at the HIDA after giving notice of dis-enrollment, the student can remain enrolled only if there is an opening or a new student has not started the intake process. Once a student is dis-enrolled they must go through the registration process in order to re-enroll in the HIDA.
- $100 refundable deposit fee is due at the time of registration. The deposit fee secures a student’s place in a class. It is only refundable when a student dis-enrolling a class in writing 30 days before the last day the student will attend HIDA. And students have to strictly follow HIDA Studio Policy to get fully refund of deposit fee.
- We charge $25 registration fee annually. This $25 registration fee is non-refundable.
- Videotaping and photographing your child without a tripod and external lighting for personal use maybe taken in the HIDA studio if you get permission from HIDA. Videotaping and photographing all dress rehearsals and performance are strictly prohibited. Please do not take pictures or videos without permission from the teachers and classmates. Please do not post class videos or pictures to any social media site or share class videos of pictures with anyone without getting permission from the teachers and classmates.
- Students who have vacations less than a month long will be credited with make-up classes only. Students who have vacations more than a month long will still be responsible to pay 65% of their regular tuition to keep their spot in the class. Students who pay term tuition but will have more than a month vacation can simply make-up class before/after their vacation within the same term. Please follow make-up class policy to schedule make-up classes.
- Haiyan International Dance Academy reserves the right to add, change or amend any of the above policies and rule.